Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Letter to Bikram

I am posting a very heartfelt poem by a most talented, versatile friend of mine, Nilanjan Bandopadhyay. This poem is written for his beloved singer friend Bikram, son of the famous singer Mohon Singh Khangura who has passed away recently.

Any death, that too of a very young heart, is an extremely painful and rude shock for all of us... Although I personally did not know him, but I often heard his sonorous voice in various performances with his illustrious father.

I am sharing Nilanjan's very personal yet very universal pain of losing a dear friend untimely... Through the poem it feels like we all dearly miss Bikram, even though many of us did not really know him personally.

I got this poem from Reshmi Roy, my colleague in Tara Muzik, who, like Nilanjan, used to know Bikram quite closely because of her Shantiniketan connection. Reshmi got the poem from Santoshankar Dasgupta. I have called up Nilanjan and sought his permission before posting it.

1 comment:

Indira Mukhopadhyay said...

very sad about Bikram Sing ! kichu pratibha ase e prithibte,khaniker tare anondo dite!!